Friday, May 27, 2011

Miyazaki Madness


 Guess what? The weather today is awesome! This is what I like, the cold breeze all over your face, you hug your pillow on your bed, then you suddenly had an orgasm. I kid. But seriously, no sunlight in sight and just the thought of that makes me happier than a kid getting lolipops off moe characters . WTF. Anyway, read on to go over my post.




Now today's post is about movies. Yep, anime movies to be precise. During this dreadful and unappealing summer, I happened to stumble across Hayao Miyazaki's works. Miyazaki is the motherfucking KING of anime movies. Hell, the first Japanese movie to be nominated in the Academy Awards was one of his movies. AND IT WON THE FREAKING AWARD. Top that, Makoto Shinkai! LOL. Just joking, your movies are amazing too Mr. Shinkai. But none are too amazing to beat Miyazaki. He's that good.

Ironically, I had known the first paragraph since I was in High School. Specifically, the movie I had known then was the Academy Award Winning Spirited Away. And I didn't even care to watch it cuz I thought it was just some overhyped movie that was too boring for my age. Then four long years later, I stumbled again on the name of Miyazaki. But it wasn't Spirited Away, it was the older and ancient Princess Mononoke. Then I downloaded it and watched it. Then the movie was so epic that I gave birth to horses. THE END

Now here's the list of Miyazaki movies that I had watched this summer.

PRINCESS MONONOKE
Studio Ghibli - 1998 - 2 Hours 13 Minutes 37 Seconds

Yeah, crunch him Akamaru.

In case you're wondering, but, no. That's not Kiba. That aside, Princess Mononoke is, as what they say, the Star Wars of the Japanese. And I won't argue. Yeah, there's no light sabers or chewbaccas here but the sheer epicness and scale of the climax puts it next to the Clone Wars.

ONE SENTENCE SYNOPSIS
  • A boy embarks on a quest to cure his cursed arm that makes him strong but at the same time, kill him in due time.
THE GOOD
  • Great traditional animation.
  • EPIC story.
  • The bloodiest Miyazaki film to date.
THE BAD
  • 1998 so the artwork is bland but still acceptable.
  • Two hours+ but it's boring at some parts that it felt way to dragging.
  • The Deer god is fucking ugly.

SPIRITED AWAY
Studio Ghibli - 2001 - 2 Hours 4 Minutes 36 Seconds

It's not what you think it is.

Yes, award-winning film. And I must say, it was really, really good. The story wasn't really amazing but the world that this film had created was marvelous. Packed with superb artwork and animation then you have the complete package. But this isn't my favorite Miyazaki film, you'll know soon enough.

ONE SENTENCE SYNOPSIS
  • A young girl gets seperated from his parents and got transported into a new world that's no one had ever seen before.
THE GOOD
  • Beautiful Artwork and Animation
  • The concept for the story and setting is just jaw dropping.
  • Funny and fun.
  • Has one of the best support characters around - No Face.
THE BAD
  • Story is a bit, uh... RANDOM.
  • Ending was meh.

HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE
Studio Ghibli - 2004 - 1 Hour 59 Minutes 2 Seconds.
Calcifer hitting on chicks.

Howl's Moving Castle is my favorite. I really enjoyed watching the film. AND THAT RARELY HAPPENS when I watch an anime film. The movie was just too interesting and involving that it was hard to stop watching. It draws you in, and the sheer charm of the characters will make you drool. Now that's deep words.Simply put, it's the best Hayao Miyazaki Film in my honest opinion. IMO. Fuck redundancy!
ONE SENTENCE SYNOPSIS
  • A young lonely girl gets transformed into an old lady by a witch, she then retreats into the mountains to hide, but mysteriously, she stumbles into Howl's Movng Castle.
THE GOOD
  • A great combination of Miyazaki's trademark 2D and beautiful 3D Animation.
  • Best animation of all Miyazaki films.
  • Intricate and Very Interesting Story that draws you in. It literally pulls you closer to the fucking screen!
  • A great ending for a great movie.
  • I want a Calcifer in my house too!
THE BAD
  • Boring start.
  • Another GIRL lead.
  • The title blows.

Well that's pretty much it. Oh, right, there's another film from Miyazaki. And is his LAST FILM. Yeah, I know, SAD. It's name is Ponyo. And you know what's interesting, Mr. Miyazaki decided to make this film without the aid of any computer generated effects. Pure hand power.  YEAH FUCK YOU PIXAR.

I guess he got tired of seeing billions of 3D Movies showing monthly. I, for one, don't enjoy CG films. Hell, five fingers is all I have for the number of 3D movies I actually liked. KUNG FU PANDA FTFW!

But unfortunately, I haven't watched Ponyo yet cause, I'm lazy. I bet it's another overhyped film that's raving because it's produced without any 3D effects. ( I know I'll eat those words back after I watch it ).

If YOU'RE curious, here's a trailer.See the power of Miyazaki's Handjob! That sounds wrong.


 Till next time forum. Shutup RWJ isn't using forum anymore!

2 comments:

  1. Im downloading them now hahahah
    but I already have spirited away in my hard drive hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. download Howl's first! haha
    Thx for the comment lnz!

    ReplyDelete