Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Recommend : The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

  
Wazzup Guys. It's sunday and you know the thing about sundays, it's peaceful right? It's peaceful and the weather's awesome! Woot! Anyway, enrollment's tomorrow and I have to sleep early today. That sucks. So I'll have to finish this post quickly for you guys. You can thank me later. Anyways, hit the jump to read about NGE.


Before I start, I'd like to point out that "I Recommend" is a new thing in this blog, It simply presents things that I recommend. So, anything posted with this name is absolutely, must-watch, must-read, or must-play.


The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is one of the most popular anime in Japan. I had known this fact since I was 14. 4 years ago. But guess what? I had just watched the whole series a week ago. And by God, why did I just watch the series now?

I thought it was just another shojo anime with a romantic story and a funny cast. I WAS FUCKING WRONG. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a shonen anime with an epic story and a funny cast.

Another thing that seperates Haruhi from other animes is that it's WEIRD and ECCENTRIC. But in a good way. And you will realize later that the weirness is fucking cool.


ONE SENTENCE SYNOPSIS
  • Kyon meets a weird, arrogant loner girl named Haruhi on the first day of classes, she believes that humans are boring and aliens, espers and time travellers are much more interesting.
Gods are beautiful.


So what makes Haruhi so awesome and watchable? *MINOR-SPOILERS*




1. HARUHI IS A GOD

Yes, you heard that right. Haruhi Suzumiya is a god. But the thing is, she doesn't realize it. And that's what makes this series interesting. She subconsciouslly wants something to happen, and it actually happens! Without her realizing it was her doing. That's why Haruhi can potentially make the world to end. 

Something you didn't expect, right?




2. EPISODE NUMBERING IS FUCKED UP


"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" you might say. Well, for example. Episode 2 is actually the first episode or Episode 9 is the last episode. I mean, the order of the episodes were shuffled when it was broadcasted in Japanese television. Interestingly, in the episode preview, Haruhi says the correct episode number, whereas Kyon denies her and tells the shuffled order.

Haruhi
Kyon


So why does it make the series interesting? For me, it was great to look up for episode guides just to see the correct episode numbering. And it's cool to have episode jumbled, it's like a secret code of some shit. I know I'm being childish, but what the hell.


Here's the correct episode numbering guide. And start with episode 2!


3. TIME TRAVELS

If you had watched the third Harry Potter film, where they go back in time, then prepare to also experience it here. But it's much much more interesting in this series. For example, Haruhi says that when she was a kid, someone helped her make UFO signs on the road but didn't know who it was. Actually, it was just Kyon who travelled back in time. Interesting right?


Kyon looking at Kyon.


4. ENDLESS EIGHT


Endless Eight is a series of 8 episodes in the 2nd season. Guess what, all the eight episodes are similar. And is actually repeated! So why?? 

Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 8
Episode 9


Actually, the plot's story is about the summer activities that the guys enjoyed, and the episode ends with summer ending.BUT HARUHI DOESN'T WANT SUMMER TO END. So unconsciouslly, she repeats summer again and again! I don't want to give exact spoilers here cause I'm already spoiling everybody, but the during the course of the repitions, summer actually repeated 15,000+ times! HOLYSHIT.! Thus, the endless eight.


5. BAD-ASS MOVIE
Blooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!


After you had finished watching all the episodes, then the movie is next. And the movie is so epic. I can't describe it. But The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya has all the things listed above, and improves the series a lot. And note: You can only experience the epicness by watching all the episodes.

----

Okay, that's all. If you're interested in watching weirdness, then by all means, watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. 

OKAY THIS POST IS RUSHED CAUSE IM LAZY!!




2 comments:

  1. Thought it was a shoujou until now D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too. but its not haha. the story is even more seriouse than Bleach!

    ReplyDelete