Sunday, June 19, 2011

Higurashi - First Impressions


Whats up Guys? Its been what? 2 or 3 weeks already? Maan. But I'm terribly sorry for not being able to post for some time. Assuming I have any readers at all. School just started again and I'm busy as fuck. But not too busy to watch anime and fap. I kid. I watch one movie, 6 episodes of different animes per day. And for an otaku, that is a low view count. I also played many many visual novels and eroges these past weeks, namely: Clannad, School Days, G Senjou no Maou, and the almighty, Artificial Girl 2. Shutup it's 3D so it's good. Quick review, Clannad is great, School Days is great, G shit is good. AG2 is aweful. WTF, you fuck then that's it? MEH. So anyways, click on to read my first impression of Higurashi.


 
Higurashi. Three episodes in. And I fucking love it. For the record, this is the first anime that made me cover up my face because it's fucking tense in there. I love this kind of suspense. Now that's out of my system, here's the one sentence synopsis.


Keiichiro, moves into the town of Hinamizawa and finds out that bizarre deaths had been occuring. And the suspects may be his own female classmates. He may be next.

3 sentence synopsis FTW. 



When I first read about this anime and I heard it had a bit of horror in it, I immediately got interested. So I asked my friend, Subarashi-kun (Check out his blog yow) to download the whole series for me. Since he has faster internet connection and he has no problem with it. And to add up, I said it was kind of loli. He's a lolicon btw. So he said, "YEAH".



I knew it was loli because I had seen some screens, and I knew it was brutal. Combine those two and you have my friend turned off. He said he ain't gonna download something with cute chicks getting beaten to a pulp until their brains burst out. So I said, okay, sounds like a suckish anime and I was watching Clannad anyways.

Then just a few hours ago, I had nothing to download and I remembered Higurashi. When I asked Subarashi-kun to download it for me, I meant the high quality torrent videos. Now I didn't care, I just downloaded the first episode from Youtube 60 megabytes. But the quality was still great.



Then I watched it. The first episode was quite dull, and boring. Then it had a kicker at the end that made you think. That alone made me download the second one.Then things became interesting and actually epic. The tension and suspense was constantly on the air that made you scream for joy. It was an awesome feeling . Then it ended with a tense cliffhanger ending. 

These kind of cliffhangers reminded me of Code Geass. These kind of endings made me hooked to the show, and hit the NEXT button again and again up until it's already 5 in the morning. It was addicting. And it was just the second episode. 23 episodes more to come! woohoo.



The third episode was kinda the same with the previous one. But imagine this. You know you have someone who wants to kill you. Living in your neighborhood. Your parents are out of the house because of urgent shit. You're home alone. You also know that the killer might have supernatural powers. It's nighttime. You're watching T.V then the doorbell rings. *cue Higurashi ending music*



Now it's about 11 pm and I don't wanna watch anymore because it might traumatize me. But I can't fucking wait to watch the next episode!!!! I'll just wait till morning. 

I hope the next episodes will still be awesome as these first three. I'll post a review after watching the 1st season. So oyasumi~ everybody. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment